March 9, 1309: Pope Clement V stops in Avignon, it is the beginning of a period of great prosperity for the city. But what was this little Provençal city like at the dawn of the XNUMXth century? Who populated it? How did we live there? What were we doing there? And what were the repercussions of such an installation?
Stroll the cobbled streets of Avignon and embark on a real journey through time, discovering the many medieval monuments that make the charm of our city. This guided tour includes the UNESCO perimeter and a visit to the famous Palais des Papes, the largest Gothic palace in the world!
The route of the guided tour does not include the gardens of the Palais des Papes (possibility of buying your entrance ticket to the gardens in addition).
- Full price: 16,50 €
- Pass price: €14,50
- Senior rate: €14,50 (from 60 years old)
- Reduced price: €11,50 for 8 to 17 year olds, university students, tour guides, job seekers on presentation of proof of less than 6 months, RSA holders, people with disabilities of + 80% ( CMI card marked "Invalidity"), large families and delegates. Proof will be requested.
- Free ticket: children under 8 and journalists
- Departure from the Avignon Tourist Office – 41, Cours Jean Jaurès
- Arrive 10 minutes before the start of the visit
Good to know
- Duration of the visit: 2h30
- The visit takes place indoors and outdoors
- Due to a large number of steps at the Palais des Papes, the visit is not accessible to strollers and people with reduced mobility
- Our animal friends are not allowed during the visit
- Ticket office available on site depending on the remaining places
- Parking advice: Palais des Papes car park, Jean Jaurès car park and central station car park